Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 1

Well today starts the long road back to a healthy mind and body. Too many years have passed and way too much damage has been done. 23 years plus of riding the bus, poor eating habits, stress eating, and a total lack of exercise has left me at 41 years old with failing eyesight, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and at a whopping 276 pounds when I was at the DR. office last Monday. enough is enough I want to be able to see my kids grow old and play with my grandchildren (listen Levi there is no hurry here) ((he is my oldest son just 13 now))

I read an article about a writer that was overweight and she started blogging about her road to weight loss and I thought what the heck some accountably will be nice feel free to stop by and see how my journey is coming along. With prayer, a strong will and a good wife by my side I can accomplish anything.

today’s menu
0600
1 slice cinnamon raisin toast
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
8oz blueberry pomegranate juice (not horrible but I will take some getting used to )

0900
nectarine
yogurt

1200
1 ham and cheese sandwich with tbsp Dijon mustard and ww bread
12 oz can low sodium v8 juice
20 or so small pretzels

1500 1 medium orange

1900 or so

spaghetti
unknown veggie

tomorrow I hope to get a handle on how I am going to work in a work out program with work and family and church I am lucky that we have some workout equipment in the comm. center its just figuring out when and how to use it.

Wish me luck

Raymond

today’s weight 268 fully dressed
morning BG 135 mg/dl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Good for you Ray! I know you can do it!!